Sunday, December 8, 2013

Seasons of Change

Seasons of change ....  yet I am the same
in my own mind... only when I look into the mirror 
do I see the reality of who I am, the bags under my eyes...
they stir my mind to thought

Am I getting enough sleep ..is that it...
 or is it just in my own mind...
 that I do not realize ...that my body is aging

Women constantly fear the onset of aging
noticing the single strand of one white hair..on their pretty head...
all the while  forgetting that...

They are still the beautiful person ..within
 they are still that young teenager...
 who got giddy... the first time
 that young boy noticed them,
 made them feel special..
touched their hand
 in a soft grip

Is that what our lives are all about..
 moments passed..so fast that...
we only remember them
 when the memories replay so slowly

Reminding us of  our times we had..
reflected in the mirror... of the seasons
 that passed.. shown in the true color
  of a single strand... of white hair






No comments:

Post a Comment